Tuesday, May 20, 2014

ART EVENT OUTSIDE OF CLASS: Incline gallery

light to dark

I went to this show in part to check out a new gallery but also to show some support to my fellow classmate, Mariah!

incline light to dark maritime install

inclinelighttodark04

Her installations were really attractive and caught many people taking photos next to it.

One of my other favorite installations was this one:

inclinelighttodark17

It had a photograph with bullets installed in front of it to create the illusion that the shots were moving towards you. Really awesome, I just wish I knew who did this one.

The gallery itself is sort of small yet intimate in the way that you feel welcomed to take your time with the work. The fact that the space is located on an incline makes me wonder if installing is usually a challange, but i'm sure they have it all under control.

No comments:

Post a Comment