Friday, April 4, 2014

AUGMENTED BODY

After                                            Before





FIVE BECOME ONE
For this project I was inspired by celebrity culture, ranking of females in the media (sexiest women alive, hottest women of 2014 etc.,), the increase of women undergoing plastic surgery and the body modification artist Orlan. While revisiting episodes of Doctor 90210, a reality tv show depicting the experience of going under the knife, I noticed that there is excitement with in the plastic surgery patients. Maybe because they are finally hours and minutes away from finally attaining the appearance they have always wanted. But for those moments of anxiety and fear, after internalizing that the procedure could go wrong among other things, I wonder what the prize for the perfect body or face really is.
I am not planning on having plastic surgery anytime soon, but in an effort to try and understand the “fulfillment” of plastic surgery, I decided to add face features of the top 5 women ranked “most desireable of 2014” by Ask Men.com onto myself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment